There are so many ways that we can enjoy our outdoor living spaces. One of mine is by trying new recipes with the plants we have grown in the garden. This week we had some cucumbers, onions, and basil that were looking fresh and inviting. So I thought a watermelon-cucumber salad would be a refreshing starter to the evening meal.
- 2-3 cups of cubed watermelon
- 2 pealed, halved and sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 of a small onion or 2 chives
- Handful of basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons agave (or honey)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of lemon pepper
How to prepare the salad
- Add ingredients into a medium sized bowl
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients into a measuring cup and
- Whip the dressing for 30 seconds
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the chopped cucumbers, watermelon, and basil
Depending on how fast you chop, this is a a simple recipe that can be made in under 10 minutes.